Lunch Rush: Today’s edition brought to you by the End of Summer. (Embiggen.)
- TDW Geek: Episode 5 of the Doctor Who mini-sode series Pond Life is online.
- Shocker: Henri the Existential Cat took top honors at the first Internet Cat Video Film Festival.
- Tasteless: Ohio State fans have created a T-shirt — “I’d rather shower at Penn State, than cheer for the [Michigan] Wolverines.”
- Sweet: You, too, can make salmon and potatoes in the dishwasher.
- Drowned Out: Al Gore is calling for the end of the Electoral College.
- Why Not: Thieves have stolen millions of dollars of maple syrup.
- That Was Quick: The Clint Eastwood talking to a chair song is here.
- Controversial: Apple keeps banning an app that tracks U.S. drone strikes.
Lunch List: The Top 30 RNC Casual Encounters